What can an osteopath do?
Osteopaths take a holistic approach to healthcare. Rather than focusing solely on the injury at hand, I consider how your muscles, joints, soft tissue and nervous system work together. By looking at the whole picture, I can see that sometimes, pain doesn’t stem from where you feel it and is actually related to a separate issue. I can improve mobility and help reduce pain to get you back to your best using a range of techniques. Children can often be faced with severe growing pains or even scoliosis. It takes a professional to understand how to reduce this pain, correct the spine or other issue and ensure they won’t have ongoing issues into adulthood. These kinds of problems can be difficult to fix if left too long, but an incorrect treatment can cause more damage to a young person.
How can I help you?
I’ve worked with sufferers of all sorts of injuries and conditions. Some of these include:
- Posture issues, both for scoliosis or work-related pains
- Musculoskeletal problems that are very common in office workers
- Pelvic pain which could come with a range of other symptoms
- Headaches and neck tension, typical for those dealing with excessive stress
- Whiplash or other injuries that can result from a minor car accident
- Sports injuries such as ankle, knee or back problems
- Disc irritation in the spine which can often be caused by everyday activities like lifting, stretching or falling.
Osteopath Port Melbourne – Book Your Appointment
By looking at each issue or injury holistically, I can identify the cause of the symptoms. I work with you to improve your mobility and alleviate the pain so that you can start healing. I care about your wellbeing and will take the time to look at your overall health in order to tailor the treatment to you. If you work or live in or near Port Melbourne, Back It Up Osteopathy is ideally located for you. Drop in on your way to work in the morning, take a long lunch break and pay me a visit, or swing by on the way home. Fill out the form below to request an appointment or give me, Dr Alexandra D’Agostin, a call on 0439 222 550.